Before beginning the application, verify that you meet and comply with the eligibility requirements and grant restrictions below, and agree to the Terms of Grant. Use the links in the gray box to the right to navigate through the program information. Step-by-step instructions on the Submission Process page will walk you through the steps to complete an application on the grant submission website. FAQs will provide clarification of the guidelines.
- Postdoctoral fellows or faculty at degree-granting institutions in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistics, or engineering at the time of application; and interested in investigating research opportunities in the biological sciences. Biologists holding a doctorate degree at the time of application who are interested in working with physical scientists, mathematicians, engineers, chemists, statisticians, or computer scientists to incorporate their ideas and approaches to answering biological questions are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canada at the time of application.
- Applicants must submit proposals in the biomedical sciences.
- Grants cannot be used for travel to domestic or international conferences, to cover salary support or purchase computers or equipment.
- Laboratory or lecture courses are not eligible for this grant.
- No indirect costs or overhead charges can be applied to this grant.
- This grant is not bi-directional or reciprocal for the collaborator.
- Public health, health policy, or epidemiology proposals will not be accepted.
- This grant is not open to researchers at NIH institutions.
- Previous travel grant recipients are not eligible.
- Applicants who are currently affiliated with BWF in another capacity may pose a conflict of interest and render the applicant ineligible. If you are currently affiliated with BWF in any capacity, contact the program staff prior to beginning the application.
- All travel (including multiple trips) must be scheduled and completed between May 15, 2014 and December 31, 2015 to be eligible for this award. No exceptions or extensions to this requirement will be made.