Interfaces in Science
BWF Grant Application System Instructions
Assistance with Applications
Forms and Resources
The preproposal deadline of September 4, 2012 has passed, and invited applicants have been notified to submit their applications by January 10, 2013. Only those invited to submit an application will be able to access or submit the application materials. Candidates whose preproposals were not selected may reapply in the next award cycle, provided they still meet the eligibility requirements.
Applications will be reviewed by the Interfaces in Science Advisory Committee and interviews will be conducted May 1 or 2, 2013. Interview candidates will be notified via email in late March, 2013.
BWF's Grant Application System Instructions
1. Submit a completed application electronically through BWF's web-based grant application system by January 10, 2013 by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. No exceptions will be made.
3. Using the link in the invitation email, login with the ID and password created for the preproposal. If you have forgotten your password, click the forgotten password link on the log in screen.
4. Edit the populated information and enter other requested information.
5. Prepare the required forms/documentation.
6. Convert all documents to one (1) combined PDF file, named and ordered as required.
7. Upload the one (1) PDF file to the online application.-Name the combined file: Last Name, First Name - Project Title. Save a copy of the completed documents for your records. (The only documents not included in the single PDF file are the confidential recommendation letters.)-Order the documents in the combined PDF file as instructed in the Proposal Sections.
8. Ensure the two confidential recommendation letters are uploaded to your application by the letter writer – a letter from your graduate advisor and a letter from a recommender who knows your work well. The postdoctoral advisor letter submitted with your preproposal will be retained in the full application. Links to helpful instructions and troubleshooting tips for these confidential documents are provided below under Assistance with Applications.
The application may be accessed and changed multiple times as needed prior to submission. However, once the application has been submitted, it cannot be changed. Applications will not be accepted and submitted applications cannot be changed after the application deadline has passed. No exceptions.
Once the application is complete, click the “Review and Submit” button. When all required fields have been entered and required attachments uploaded, a “Submit” button will appear.
Upon successful submission, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive email notification, please contact BWF Staff listed below.
Assistance with Applications
1. Find the information you need promptly on this website. Save valuable time by checking the FAQs, Proposal Sections, and Program Application instructions as you complete the application. The answers to your questions can be found on those pages.
2. For other troubleshooting questions, see:
How to Use BWF’s Online Application Submission System3. Review and complete the Application Checklist to ensure all documents are provided as instructed. Applications with missing information will not be accepted.
Applicant Instructions for Requesting Confidential Letters
Recommender Instructions for Uploading a Confidential Letter
Troubleshooting Confidential Letters
4. If you have issues that are not addressed on this website, communicate your questions via email or phone to:
Debi Vought, Senior Program Associate
Ruth Reynolds, Program Assistant
Your questions will be answered as soon as possible.
Sep 3, 2013 by 4:00pm ET
CASI Program Application (Full Application)
Have additional questions regarding grant programs?
Send us an email.