Forms and templates for the application process are provided below.
Both MS Word and PDF versions of the forms are available. If you choose to use the MS Word version, you must correct any changes to the form resulting from input of data prior to converting it to PDF format. Data should be completed in the space provided. The form must respect the original margins on all sides.
If you choose to use the PDF version, you must use Adobe Acrobat to complete and save the form to your system. (Using Adobe Reader will not work properly, nor will using Preview on a Mac.)
To ensure proper completion of the Signature Page Form, refer to the instructions for authorized signatures and submission. Be sure to save a copy of the completed form for your records.
You can use standard word processing software (e.g., MS Word, WordPerfect) to prepare the original documents/attachments for your application. Next, you MUST convert ALL documents to portable document format (PDF) files and combine the files into one continuous PDF file (see the required order below). You will then upload and attach the one PDF file to your application.
Items 1-10 below must be combined into one continuous PDF file in the order shown. You will then upload the PDF file as an attachment to your application in BWF's on-line application submission system.
- Institutional Letter of Support
- Applicant's Biosketch (CV) (from pre-proposal or an updated version; template provided; add pages as needed)
- Scientific Abstract (one page limit; template provided)
- Importance (template provided)
- Research Plan (five-page limit)
- Budget and Budget Justification (template provided)
- Facilities and Resources (template provided)
- Reprints (one is required and two additional reprints are optional)
- Two-Page Signature Form (template provided; E-Signature accepted; Page 1-contact information & signatures. Page 2-recommenders’ contact information)