Due Date: October 1
Submit as three separate documents via email to email@example.com by October 1.
- Activity Report
- Combined as one PDF: Scientific Abstract, Letter of Evaluation & Biosketch
- Financial Report
Sections of the Progress Report
I. Activity Report Template
Your Activity Report should be cumulative; each reporting period will build on the previous one/s, so we may capture clear progression. Therefore for this reporting period, you will use the last report you submitted and you should not go back and change anything-just update! If this is your first submission, the template for your Activity Report can be found below. If you have been granted a no-cost extension, add on additional columns as needed, indicating NCE Year 1 or NCE Year 2, etc.
The Activity Report should contain the following information:
- Cover sheet (first sheet)
- Research Milestones/Goals (second sheet, relevant column)
- Mentoring/Institutional Environment/Career Development (third sheet, relevant column)
- Publications for relevant period (fourth sheet)
- Trainee Information, updated as necessary (fifth sheet)
- Funding Sources, updated as necessary (sixth sheet)
- Meetings and Conferences Participated in, updated as necessary (seventh sheet)
- Other Activities, as necessary (eighth sheet, relevant column)
- Final Essay (ninth sheet, to be completed in last reporting period)
II. Scientific Abstract
Provide a brief (< 300 words) summary of your research written to be understood by a multidisciplinary audience.
III. Sponsor/Chairperson's Letter of Evaluation
It is your responsibility to have your sponsor/chairperson write a letter summarizing your research and career growth during the period, or use the Sponsor’s Annual Letter of Evaluation abbreviated form (see below) in place of the letter. If you are a postdoctoral fellow, the sponsor is your mentor. If you are a faculty member, the sponsor is your department chair. The letter is due by the same date as the Progress Report. Convert the letter to a PDF file and submit it with your report.
Include an updated NIH-style biographical sketch.
V. Financial Report
The Financial Report must be completed by the institutional financial officer using the on-line form provided. The report should contain the typed name of both the awardee and the institutional officer completing the report. Original signatures are not required, only typed names.
- If you submitted a Financial Report last year, information provided in that report should be used to calculate the Cumulative to Date figures.
- The subtotal fields in both columns will automatically calculate as you enter the relevant numerical data.
- The "Balance" in both the Fiscal Year and Cumulative to Date columns should be equal.
The Financial Report may be submitted under separate cover, as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the same due date as the Progress Report.
If you have questions, please contact Melanie Scott by email or phone 919-991-5107 or Kendra Tucker by email or phone 919-991-5115.