Due Date: August 15
Progress and financial reports are required of all BWF grants, and are due on the date specified in the award letter or contract. Advisory Committee and staff depend heavily upon progress and financial reports to evaluate progress. Late reports inconvenience advisory committee reviewers and impede BWF's evaluation of its programs. Failure to submit progress or financial reports in a timely fashion will result in termination of funding.
BWF provides the following progress report guidelines to assist in the preparation and submission of Progress Reports in an acceptable manner. Awardees must provide BWF with an annual progress report detailing performance records in educating children. School districts must provide an annual financial report. Both reports must be submitted by the due date, August 15, according to the instructions below. Failure to submit any portion of the report by the due date will result in interruption or cancellation of your funds. All forms and instructions referenced on this page are accessible below.
No-cost extensions allow awardees to carry over unused funds beyond the original end date of the award. Progress and financial reports are required during the no-cost extension. The same standards required during the award for progress and financial reports apply to the no-cost extension period. BWF will request a return of all no-cost extension funds if progress report requirements and deadlines are not met.
Sections of the Progress Report
I. Cover Sheet
The Cover Sheet for your Progress Report (see below) may be completed on line and should contain the following information:
- Progress report period and due date
- BWF Request ID number for your grant
- Name of Teacher
- Name of School
- The year of the award for which you are reporting (year 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5), or no-cost extension
- Which year of the no-cost extension this report covers (year 1, 2, 3, or 4)
II. Progress Summary
The written text of the Progress Report must not exceed three (3) typewritten pages with a minimum of 12-point font. You should integrate evaluation data and lessons learned in the following categories and other areas of interest into the report. The logic models you developed for the year should be appended to the three-page summary.
- Student Achievement. Include an overview of the advances made by your students during the academic year.
- Pedagogical Skills. Describe continued development of content knowledge and new skills you have learned over the past year to demonstrate value to you as a professional and to your students’ achievement. Demonstrate exemplary and innovative teaching skills that used engaging hands-on activities with new approaches to questioning and problem solving.
- Classroom Advancements. Describe how you developed a learner-centered, knowledge-centered, assessment-centered, and community-centered classroom environment for your students.
- Curricula. Describe progress made toward using high quality curricula in your classroom or school. Explain how this aligns with the original aims of your plan, and describe any changes from that original plan.
- Leadership. Describe the significance of the award on your development as a teacher leader.
III. Principal Letter of Evaluation
It is the responsibility of the teaching professional to have the principal of your school write a letter summarizing your teaching and career growth during the award period. This letter should describe how the principal and superintendent contributed to your growth and development as an instructional leader at your school and in your district. This should include any career development plans instituted on behalf of the teaching professional, collaborations created to improve the environment for teaching, and networking opportunities created to advance teaching and learning at the school or school district.
This letter is due by the same date as the Progress Report. Convert the letter to a PDF and submit it with your report.
IV. Financial Report
The Financial Report must be completed by the school district financial officer using the CASMT financial report form that is provided. The report should contain the signature of both the teaching professional and the financial officer completing the report. Convert the Financial Report to a PDF and submit it with your report. If this report is submitted under separate cover, it should be sent as a PDF file to email@example.com.
V. Training Plan
Provide a description of your plans to advance learning and growth for the forthcoming year.
Provide a budget for the upcoming year of the Career Award for Science and Mathematics Teacher grant.
Number each subsection separately and use a minimum 12-point font size with one inch margins on all sides. Combine all subsections, including the cover sheet, into one PDF file. The Financial Report may be submitted as a separate PDF file and is due on the designated deadline date.
Submit your entire Progress and Financial Report in PDF via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15. If you have questions, please contact Melanie Scott by email or phone 919/991-5107.