About the Award
The Collaborative Research Travel Grant (CRTG) program provides up to $15,000 in support for relatively unrestricted travel funds to academic scientists and trainees (postdocs or fellows) at U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions. Grants must be used for domestic or international travel to another lab to learn new research techniques or begin or continue a collaboration to address biomedical questions. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have doctorate level training in the physical, mathematical, or engineering sciences and are working on biomedical problems.
Before beginning the application, verify that you meet and comply with the eligibility requirements and grant restrictions below, and agree to the Terms of Grant. Use the links in the box to the right to navigate through the program information. Step-by-step instructions on the Submission Process page will walk you through the steps to complete an application on the grant submission website. FAQs will provide clarification of the guidelines.
- Only faculty or postdoctoral fellows at U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions are eligible.
- Grants must be made to U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions only.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canada.
- Only proposals addressing questions in the biomedical sciences will be accepted.
- Previous travel grant recipients are not eligible.
- If you are currently affiliated with BWF, please contact BWF staff to determine eligibility.
- Researchers at federal labs are not eligible.
- Grants cannot be used for travel to conferences/meeting/ courses, to cover salary support, or to purchase equipment. However, grants may be used for laboratory consumables.
- No indirect or overhead charges can be applied to grant.
- The grant is for the benefit of the awardee only. Only travel and expenses incurred personally by the awardee may be charged to the grant.
- The award period begins June 1, 2016 and ends December 31, 2017. No exceptions or extensions will be approved.
View the Frequently Asked Questions page.
If your question is not answered after reviewing the FAQs, email Debra Holmes.