Due Date: November 1
Progress and financial reports are required of all BWF grants and are due on the date specified in the award letter or contract. The Advisory Committee and staff depend heavily upon progress and financial reports to evaluate progress. Late reports inconvenience advisory committee reviewers and impede BWF's evaluation of its programs. Failure to submit progress or financial reports in a timely fashion will result in termination of funding.
BWF provides the following progress report guidelines to assist in the preparation and submission of Progress Reports in an acceptable manner. Awardees must provide BWF with an annual progress report detailing scientific progress. Institutions must provide an annual financial report detailing expenditures on the grant. Both reports must be submitted by the due date, November 1, according to the instructions below. Failure to submit any portion of the report by the due date will result in an interruption or cancellation of your funds. All PDF online forms and instructions referenced on this page are accessible below.
Sections of the Progress Report
I. Progress Summary
- Provide a brief summary of your research that can be understood by a multidisciplinary audience.
- Accomplishments/Impediments. Provide a maximum one-page narrative of what you have accomplished and what impediments you have encountered in the past year. Highlight particular opportunities that were helpful for your mentoring or career development.
- Research Plan. Provide a statement on career and research-related plans for the next year.
- Other Activities and Award Administration.
- List national or international (do not use single letter abbreviations) meetings attended at which you presented a paper, poster, or participated in another invited function and indicate the activity.
- Comment on the Fund's award management and give any suggestions to improve the award structure. (Optional)
- Biographical Sketch. Include a brief, updated NIH-style biographical sketch. Only include publications in refereed journals. Indicate the following using the notation described: *=papers published during the term of the award; **= published papers which are newly published for this reporting period; A = papers accepted for publication; and S = papers submitted for publication.
- Specific Aims/Studies and Results. Provide a brief summary of the original goals of the proposal. Describe progress which has been made toward the original aims, and any changes from the original research plan. BWF recognizes that research will evolve from the original plan over the course of the award.
- Mentor's Letter of Evaluation. It is your responsibility to have your mentor write a letter summarizing your research and career growth during the period. The letter is due by the same date as the Progress Report. Convert the letter to a PDF and submit it with your report.
Attach copies of any publications, submitted, or published during the reporting period. Publications must be submitted by the due date. The committee will expect to see BWF support acknowledged on all relevant publications during the award period.
IV. Financial Report
The Financial Report (see below) must be completed online by the institutional financial officer. The subtotal fields will automatically calculate as you enter the relevant numerical data.
1) Indirect costs are not allowed.
2) Prior approval by BWF is required when the purchase of a single piece of equipment exceeds $20,000.
3) Prior approval by BWF is required when meeting and travel costs exceed $8,000.
4) If this is a final report, remaining balances of more than $500 must be returned (if a no-cost extension is not requested and approved).
Submit by November 1 in Proposal Central.