Program Assistant/Data Specialist
Major Program Responsibilities:
Support program staff in areas of grant management and related activities to include (but not limited to):
- Perform routine data entry tasks and provide data entry support to other program staff as needed
- Review applications through online system in accordance with program guidelines. Work with applicants’ post-submission to address issues and/or concerns related to submitted applications
- Route and process grant requests. Track and monitor grant requests with reminders for progress/financial reporting requirements and compliance; review and file reports and update database accordingly
- Prepare correspondence at the direction of program staff. Provide follow-up on other communications as requested
- Receive, review, and file progress and financial reports; correspond with awardees and financial officers to resolve discrepancies. Update database and provide reports in an ongoing and consistent basis
- Assist with program-related meetings and events, including administrative support tasks
- Attend sponsored meetings when requested
- Assist program staff with special projects, including researching and compiling information and reports
- Work with program staff to research, evaluate, and implement efficient processes for grants administration
- Participate in training and staff/professional development
An undergraduate degree in the sciences or science-related field is preferred. Must have at least two years of experience in an administrative position required with experience working on multiple concurrent projects. Must be proficient and have exceptional knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe. Experience with relational databases is required, along with capabilities to support evolution of software and database packages. Must be able to communicate effectively and be a team player with good planning, organizing, prioritization, and administrative skills.
Must be flexible, detail-oriented, able to work independently, handle sensitive data and problem-solve. Must be able to work well in a team environment with other members of the programs and personnel across other departments to include, information technology, event planners, finance, and administrative staff groups on issues related to grant systems, grants management, service to our awardee community, and related policies. This position reports directly to two Program Associates across multiple program areas.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.
Review of applications will begin 2 January and continue until the position is filled.
Comments are closed.