Troubleshooting Letters of Recommendation
- Confirm that the email address is valid. The applicant may try copying the email from the BWF grant application system into another email and sending it to the recommender to confirm the address is working properly.
- On the recommender page, confirm that the email address was inserted in the email field instead of the name field.
- Confirm on the recommender page of the application that the applicant checked the box for the selected recommender and pressed the “SEND” button. If the applicant pressed the SEND button, an email template should have appeared. In addition, the recommender’s name should no longer appear in a white box, but rather appear on the recommender screen with a gray background.
- Verify the email address for the recommender is correct. Remove the recommender’s name and email address from the application. Re-enter the recommender’s name and email. Resend the email with the link.
- Obtain an alternate email address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) from the recommender. The email may be caught in the university’s spam filter.
- Depending on the format of the recommender’s email, the web link may be wrapping to another line. The recommender must copy and paste the entire link into the web browser. The link is specific to the applicant and designated recommender.
- The recommender entered an incorrect email address. The email address must exactly match the one that was entered in the system by the applicant. It should be the same email address that the link was sent to initially.
- Close all web browsers.
- Re-open the web browser and close all tabs.
- Copy the entire link into the web browser (retrieve the initial email and weblink originally provided by the applicant to the recommender and enter the link).
- Log in, proceed to the recommender page, and enter the email address for the recommender as entered by the applicant.
- Follow the steps to upload the letter.
- Confirm that the recommender is uploading a PDF file.
- Only PDF files are accepted.
- Retrieve the initial email and weblink originally provided by the applicant to the Recommender.
- Log in using the recommender’s email address (the same email address for the recommender originally used by the applicant). and located the "Recommender" page.
- Check the “Remove” box next to the HTML link.
- Click the “Remove” button.
- Browse for the revised letter (.pdf file) on your system.
- Click “Upload.”
- Click the “Finished” button.
- View the acknowledgment that the letter has been submitted.
Jul 14, 2022
Nov 15, 2022
Apr 17 - 19, 2023
May 24, 2023
Notice of Award
Jul 01, 2023
Award Start Date
Jun 30, 2028
Award End Date