Progress Reporting for Awardees
Due Date: October 26
Upload three documents listed below to ProposalCentral by October 26
- Activity Report
- Combined as one PDF: Scientific Abstract, Letter of Evaluation & Biosketch
- Financial Report
Sections of the Progress Report
I. Activity Report Template
The Activity Report should be uploaded as an Excel file to the Progress Activity and Milestone Excel Report Deliverable in ProposalCentral. The report should be cumulative; each reporting period will build on the previous one(s), to capture clear progression. Therefore for the reporting period, you will use the last report you submitted and you should not go back and change anything-just update! If this is your first submission, you will receive separate instructions from the Program Team. If you have been granted a no-cost extension, add additional columns as needed, indicating NCE Year 1 or NCE Year 2, etc.
The Activity Report should contain the following information:
- Cover sheet (first sheet)
- Research Milestones/Goals (second sheet, relevant column)
- Mentoring/Institutional Environment/Career Development (third sheet, relevant column)
- Publications for relevant period (fourth sheet)
- Trainee Information, updated as necessary (fifth sheet)
- Funding Sources, updated as necessary (sixth sheet)
- Meetings and Conferences Participated in, updated as necessary (seventh sheet)
- Other Activities, as necessary (eighth sheet, relevant column)
- Final Essay (ninth sheet, to be completed in last reporting period)
II. PDF to be uploaded to ProposalCentral
A PDF should be uploaded to Proposal Central in the Progress Report for 2023 Deliverable and contain the following:
A. Scientific Abstract
Provide a brief (< 300 words) summary of your research written to be understood by a multidisciplinary audience.
B. Sponsor/Chairperson's Letter of Evaluation
It is your responsibility to have your sponsor/chairperson write a letter summarizing your research and career growth during the period, or use the Sponsor’s Annual Letter of Evaluation abbreviated form (see below) in place of the letter. If you are a postdoctoral fellow, the sponsor is your mentor. If you are a faculty member, the sponsor is your department chair. The letter is due by the same date as the Progress Report. Convert the letter to a PDF file and submit it with your report.
Include an updated NIH-style biographical sketch.
III. Financial Report
The Financial Report must be completed by the institutional financial officer using the on-line form provided. The report should contain the typed name of both the awardee and the institutional officer completing the report. Original signatures are not required, only typed names.
- If you submitted a Financial Report last year, information provided in that report should be used to calculate the Cumulative to Date figures.
- The subtotal fields in both columns will automatically calculate as you enter the relevant numerical data.
- The "Balance" in both the Fiscal Year and Cumulative to Date columns should be equal.
The Financial Report should be uploaded to the 2023 Financial Report Deliverable as a PDF file by the same due date as the Progress Report.
If you have questions, please contact Melanie Scott by email or phone 919-991-5107.
Sep 01, 2023
Letter of Intent Deadline
Nov 20, 2023
Invites for full proposal
Jan 08, 2024
Apr 24, 2024
Apr 25, 2024
Jun 01, 2024
Notice of Award
Jul 01, 2024
Award Start Date
Jun 30, 2029
Award End Date